The Globe Inn and its group affiliates respect your privacy and confidentiality. We will always strive to comply with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
In that context, The Globe Inn will act as a controller, i.e. the person responsible for the processing of your personal data, as it decides why and how your personal data is processed. See our address and contact details in section 9.
1 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA, PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
1.1 Making a hotel reservation, online purchases and customer management
To complete and confirm a booking through our channels (website, telephone and app) we process the following personal data from you:
- Customer First and Last name
- Corporate ID – if applicable
- Promo code – if applicable
- Travel agent information – if applicable
- Email address – to send the confirmation letter/ pre-arrival letter and a customer survey after departure
- Telephone number – not required, but nice to have in case of emergency
- Country of residence
- Other categories of personal data processed in connection with reservationsWe use your personal data, including your name, email address and/or telephone number to contact you, communicate and respond to your various inquiries, solicitations and requests related to e.g. reservations or request for information about a group hotel. Other purchase options/ processing activities that fall within this purpose category.By entering the Website or in connection with making a reservation, you can consent to our processing of the following personal information on you for the purpose of analyzing which products and services you may be interested in so that we can send relevant and targeted offers, discounts, updates on The Globe Inn and newsletters (marketing materials) to you by email based on such an analysis.We will retain your purchase history and use details of the products you have previously purchased to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in.You can withdraw your consent to the above processing, including to receive our newsletter emails, at any time following the procedure specified in section 7 (“Your Rights”). Your withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing prior to the withdrawal.We will process your email to send you a customer survey after departure. The survey includes questions about your overall experience in our hotels, how did you book your stay with us and your satisfaction with our breakfast, cleaning and check-in experience. We process your feedback data from our surveys to examine our performance, improve our products and services. We also use your feedback data to register any inconveniences you might have experienced during your stay.Also, we process the following categories of personal data to improve our products and services: your name, email address and/or telephone number.We transfer the following personal data to statistics: your name, email address, hotel used, number of nights and check-in and check-out dates in connection with statistics. This processing is carried out in order for us to improve our products and services, assess our general performance and to develop new products and services, special offers and other business-related initiatives.
- 1.4 Statistics
- We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our Website and how you move around different sections of our Website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our Website so that we can make it more intuitive.
- 1.3 Improvement of products and services and surveys
- Also, we collect and process personal data on you, including your name, email address, if you enroll in one of our loyalty or marketing programs. We process the personal data on how and how often you use our loyalty program . We process this information in order to create loyalty and create benefits for you by choosing us.
- In connection with the above, we process the following types of personal data: your name, email address and/or telephone number.
- 1.2 Marketing, profiling and loyalty program
- Also, we may require a valid credit/debit card. This includes processing of type of card, the full name of the cardholder, the 16 digits on the front of the card/card number, the expiration date and the 3 digits on the backside of the card/the security code. The credit/debit card data is used to secure the booking and complete the payment of the Booking. In case of not complying with the cancelation procedure, the credit/debit card data will be used to make the payment.
- Improvement of our products and services, including the user experience on our website
- Assess our general performance
- 3.2 We will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- 3.1 We will not sell or disclose Guests, Customers or Visitors personal data to third party, persons or businesses.
- 3 CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS
- Data processors and vendors that help us deliver our products and services to you.
- Companies within Roo’s Leap Ltd
- Public authorities, if relevant and applicable
- Advisors to Roo’s Leap Ltd
- 7.2 Your rights include e.g.:
- 7 YOUR RIGHTS
- 6.1 We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks, that are presented by processing, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risks of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- Your right to access your personal data
- Your right to rectification, if you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete
- Your right to request erasure (including the right to be forgotten) under certain circumstances as specified in GDPR
- Your right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances as specified in GDPR
- Your right to data portability under certain circumstances as specified in the GDPR (i.e. the right to obtain the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmission of such personal data to a third party with respect to the limitations and obligations set out in the GDPR)
- The Globe Inn
13-15 North Silver Street
Company registration no.: [#######]
Telephone: +44 1224 624258
- 9 CONTACT DETAILS AND COMPLAINTS
- 7.5 You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority if you have reason to believe that processing of your personal data does not comply with applicable data protection law.
- 7.3 The Parties will process that request in line with any local laws and its policies and procedures in place for dealing with such requests.